Some of my windows 2016 server failed to update KB4057142
So here some steps i took to solve it
- Reboot the server
- Stop Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Windows Update service. rename the folder C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution
- Start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Windows Update service
- Enabled “give me updates for other Microsoft Products” under Windows Updates -> advanced options
- Search for updates again. let the other products update first. KB4057142 will fail again but the server needs to reboot again.
- Try updates the next day to finish update KB4057142
One server still failed so i downloaded the KB from Microsoft catalog site here and manualy update the server
This also works on Windows 10
Also check if your AV is of the latest version. For example. Mcafee endpoint protection 10.5.2 an below is not compatible with this update. install version Mcafee endpoint protection 10.5.3 or above.
hope this helps some one.